Co-curricular activities: – Co-curricular activities range from Sports and year round competitions in the Tournaments of Minds, allowing children to excel in an atmosphere of constructive and healthy competition. In the Primary School each child gets an opportunity to participate in all the co-curricular activities on offer. The Tournament of Minds is an intra mural activity/ competition which includes Music, Dance, Speech and Drama, Art and Craft.
Physical education and sports: – The MDVM SCHOOL is conducting physical education and sports programme. Sports are compulsory for all our students on a daily basis. Our programme aims at creating an awareness of the importance of regular physical activity and carrying this awareness forward into adulthood. We teach the children how to train the various systems of the human body (e.g. Balance system, Power system, Strength system, etc.) using various fun activities like the climbing wall (for strength and balance) and speed and agility drills (to enhance performance in their chosen sports).
The curriculum and activities are collaboratively designed by the students and the teachers. The multi-age groupings help students work at their own pace and developmental needs. The focus is on developing and honing skills. Our methodology includes Music, Cooperative learning, Art activities, Role play, Multimedia, Field trips, inner reflection, and much more.
We have also partnered with various groups and organisations to realise fully our educational approach and expose students to the wider world in various areas including community service internships, guest lectures, field trips and excursions.
MDVM SCHOOL provides students opportunities to showcase and develop their skills and talents through weekly assemblies, intra and inter school competitions hosted by the school and events such as Multiple Intelligences, Annual Day, Sports Day and Awards Day. It is our core belief that children need exposure to a wide range of stimuli, and so the focus on areas beyond traditional academics is integral to our unique curriculum.
Physical Education and Fitness
The programme for the different age/ grade levels is as follows:
- Kindergarten to 4th Grade: Basics of motor development skills/ Gross movement patterns/ Fun with sports and fitness.
- 5th & 6th Grades: Exposure to multiple sports/ track & field
- 7th & 8th Grades: Identification of proficiency in any particular sport/game
- 9th, 10th & 11th Grades: Specialized focus on the sport/game of choice
Sports trained teachers guide children in various teams and individual sports like cricket, football, basket ball, tennis, table tennis as well as athletics.
An Adventure Course is run by the school. It is designed to challenge the child’s physical fitness, coordination as well as individual and team spirit.
Annual sports showcase spirit and skills on the sports field and healthy inter house competition. All students are expected to participate in at least one item.
The real change is to notice one child among many and to look at the world through his eyes.
The programme’s objective is to achieve the following outcomes:
- ‘I CAN’ makes children aware of their innate potential and make them believe in themselves, challenge mindsets and fears.
- ‘LEARNING TO LEARN’ enables them to Understand the ways in which true learning happens.
- ‘CO-EXISTING’ encourages a respect and love for Nature and the environment; understanding of an interdependent school community; teamwork and group dynamics.
MDVM SCHOOL Core Values and Core Purpose:- Howard Gardener’s theory of Multiple Intelligences, the learning theory of Constructivism, Experiential Learning, form the bookends in venturing. It aims at learning to ‘be’- with Oneself, Others and with the Environment.
Some of these are listed below:
- Investigation & Enquiry
- Recording & Documenting
- Higher Order Thinking Skills- Application, Evaluation, Synthesis
- Connecting with oneself
- Understanding Strengths and weaknesses
- Overcoming Fear
- Confronting Challenges
Attitudes & Values
- Facing Challenges & Fears