The seeds of sound reasoning and overall development of academic rigour and discipline are sown at the primary level with a greater ability for abstract thinking. The focus on inquiry-based learning continues, as do parallel in-depth explorations of subjects – Biology, Physics, Chemistry; Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic; History, Civics, Geography; Language and Literary Appreciation; Art and Music; and Sports; which often culminate into integrated projects. Assessments are not only based merely on subject knowledge, but also on research, organizing, presentation and application skills.
The foundation of the middle-years programme is based on the following practices, guided by the developmental needs of the students:
1. Curriculum based on CCE.
2. The guidelines translated into clearly defined, age-specific outcomes
3. Experiential, inquiry-based approach, balanced by academic co-ordinator.
4. Individual Learning Plans for Special Education Needed students
5. Continuous assessments based on observations, projects, activities, worksheets, research and presentations, weekly report reviews
6. Exams are conducted as per new format of CBSE based on CCE.
7. Special activity period (Visual and Performing Arts, Literary, Math, Science, “Mehandi”, Dance, etc.)
8. Life skills programme
9. Field trips, workshops, guest lectures.
10. Intership programme for grade 8 students
11. Mixed age /Vertical learning groups
12. Technology integration
13. Teacher student ratio of 1:20
14. Weekly student-led assemblies “Student Council / Leadership training
15. Co-curricular activities
16. Japanese language started as a third language.